Principal Data Scientist
This role does not offer visa sponsorship
Imagine what you could do here. Are you excited in leveraging your data analytical skills and strategic ideas to improve mission execution? Powerlytics, is a cutting-edge, venture-backed company with a portfolio of products and solutions underpinned by predictive analytics powered by proprietary databases of the anonymized tax returns of all households (150 million+) and for-profit businesses (30 million+) in the US, Powerlytics clients include top 5 banks, insurance companies, asset managers as well as alternative lenders, marketing firms and global consulting firms, among others. Powerlytics team is looking for a highly qualified Principal Data Scientist experienced with big data and large-scale analytics systems for our team’s substantial data analytics needs. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a focused team and work collaboratively to make a significant impact on our organization. You will be contributing to a large-scale data platform and providing end-to-end analytics solutions to transform rich data at Powerlytics scale into actionable insights. You will be developing outstanding features from the data sets, robust machine learning models and creating data products. We are looking for Data Scientists who love to build end to end analytics solutions and can produce high quality data artifacts at scale. The ideal candidate has experience implementing extendable data products on top of distributed computer frameworks.
- 5+ years of deep experience within data science.
- Strong experience in R and as well as with other programming languages such as Python, SQL etc.
- Good understanding and experience within data engineering using distributed computer frameworks on Hadoop, Spark, distributed SQL, and No SQL query engines.
- Proficiency with data extraction, transformation, and loading to support advanced analytics.
- Experience with a wide range of analytics techniques, econometrics, statistics, machine learning, optimization, simulation, etc.
- Strong strategic communication skills to include presenting quantitative concepts in easy-to-understand formats and actively listening to identify business problems and their causes.
- A curious, questioning attitude that leads them to look past superficial appearances to find deeper problems, insights, and solutions.
- Thrives in fast-paced work environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and answer the most critical areas where analytics and modeling will have a material impact.
- Prior experience with modern web services architectures, cloud platforms, preferably AWS and Data bricks.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile project management principles.
- Confidence to drive assignments to completion.
- Eagerness to learn and develop.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
As part of a small team, you will own significant responsibility in crafting, developing, and maintaining our large-scale ETL pipelines, storage, and processing services. The team is looking for a self-driven data scientist to help build useful features from the data, quickly deliver insights for various applications within the Financial Services sectors, including banking, insurance and wealth/asset management. In addition to the design and implementation of this infrastructure, you are responsible to determine the most effective models to improve data access, promote econometrics research, and eventually ship groundbreaking features to our customers. Communicate the complete data story for non-technical audience in an effective manner.
Education & Experience:
BS in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- Passion for building trustworthy, reliable, stable, and fast data products that serve customer needs.
- Software engineering experience and discipline in design, test, source code management and CI/CD practices.
- Experience in data modeling and developing SQL database solutions.
- Deep understanding of key algorithms and tools for developing high efficiency data processing systems. Compensation – Position offers a very competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, bonus and equity as well as a benefits package.
Position offers a very competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, bonus and equity as well as a benefits package.
If interested and qualified, please send a message with your resume to briefly tell us why you are interested in this role and how you meet the requirements listed above. Please include the number of years of R programming and of Machine Learning experience in an industry setting you bring as well. Please also confirm that you are legally authorized to work in the US and do not require a work visa, now or in the future. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org